Sunday, April 25, 2010

Doghouse building + vegetable gardening

Hooray for sunny weather and weekends!

As I'm sitting here inhaling the god-awful reek of dog urine that I can still detect in our carpet, I relish the reality of the building project taking place outside my window: a dog shanty for Jake is in process of being built inside the newly fenced and gated side yard. It should be finished tomorrow, if it doesn't rain too much. The days of dog hair, dog urine, dog shit, dog drool on the kitchen floor, and the horrible snarfling noises will be forever banished to the outdoors. My life is starting to feel complete.

Another exciting development taking place is the freshly erected raised beds in my front flowerbed, for the purpose of a vegetable garden. Garrett built two 10inch 6'x3' beds to go under our front window and side patio, and they only await the dirt and vegetables to be complete! I'm so excited to be able to walk out my kitchen door and pull fresh veggies out of my garden! And to celebrate Spring and sunny days ahead I pulled out my patio furniture and porch umbrella so now my home is starting to feel more alive and ready for bbqs!

I cherish the thoughts of two whole months of summer without having to work, to dedicate to my home and family before little baby Max joins us! It will be great to have that time to get into a good routine of house-keeping and cleanliness before our lives our consumed with child #2. I can't wait to meet him!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

we're going to start a vegetable garden too! I can't wait :) That's so nice you'll have some time off before #2 arrives, that way you can also cherish your days with just you and Jack for a while longer :)