Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SAHM

Jack's been in bed for awhile, Garrett's downstairs watching the Laker/Celtics game. I'm just lounging here on my bed.. and I realize the little background noises I'm hearing aren't just the Lakers playing downstairs, I'm hearing Jack running around and talking and squealing to himself in his room. I'm still trying to decide if I should go intervene or not.

I'm officially a Stay-At-Home-Mom now (SAHM), which means I'll be slowly losing my sanity in a whole new, much more enjoyable way. I have a laminated Daily chore chart for myself hanging on the fridge, and I much prefer it to the laminated chore chart posted on the fridge at Starbucks. This one I made myself, and I got to decide what I do when and you know what? I actually LIKE it. It keeps my house clean and I don't have to try and decide which messy part of the house I'm going to tackle today- I just look on my chart!

The fence and doghouse are both in working order but the dog seems to keep finding his way in the house... for longer periods than just overnight. This puzzles me.

Since I've started being a SAHM, I've realized certain tasks are not as easy as they once were, now that I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Like traveling up and down the stairs to do laundry is totally exhausting! I could only get part of the laundry done on my laundry day! Good thing I have two laundry days. WHEW, I might need an elevator.

And our garden is BEAUTIFUL and growing nicely, I cannot wait for those tomatoes. :)

1 comment:

Natasha said...

So cool you get to be a SAHM! We'll have to get the kiddos together for a playdate this summer:) Ooh, and I love the chore chart idea, I need one of those!